Spring Breakers – Forgettable or Formational?
Shore Thang has been compared to an IRL version of Spring Breakers, the 2012 film written and directed by Harmony Korine. Beauties and savagery -- all run by a clownish dude behind the scenes.
Did you see Spring Breakers when it came out?
"Spring Breakers" is a 2012 American crime film directed by Harmony Korine. The movie stars James Franco, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, and Rachel Korine, and features a soundtrack by electronic musician Skrillex.
The film follows a group of college girls who rob a restaurant in order to fund their spring break trip to Florida. Once there, they become involved with a drug dealer named Alien (played by James Franco) who introduces them to a world of crime and violence.
"Spring Breakers" is a dark, surreal, and highly stylized film that explores themes of youth, hedonism, and the American Dream. The movie received mixed reviews upon its release but has since gained a cult following for its unique style and provocative subject matter.
Harmony Korine is an American filmmaker, writer, and artist who is known for his avant-garde, experimental, and often controversial films. In addition to "Spring Breakers," some of his other notable works include:
- "Gummo" (1997): Korine's directorial debut, "Gummo" is a nonlinear, impressionistic film that explores the lives of a group of disenfranchised youth in a small town in Ohio.
- "Julien Donkey-Boy" (1999): Shot in a style that blends documentary and fiction, "Julien Donkey-Boy" follows a young schizophrenic man as he navigates his daily life.
- "Mister Lonely" (2007): A surreal and dreamlike film, "Mister Lonely" follows a community of celebrity impersonators living in a Scottish castle.
- "Trash Humpers" (2009): A low-fi, found-footage film that depicts a group of elderly misfits who engage in bizarre and disturbing activities.
- "The Beach Bum" (2019): A comedy film starring Matthew McConaughey as a rebellious, stoner poet living in Florida.
Korine's work is often characterized by its unconventional narrative structure, visceral imagery, and willingness to challenge societal norms and conventions. His films have been both praised and criticized for their provocative and controversial subject matter.
Shore Thang has been through a lot of drama behind the scenes, which include four top influencer/models that rose to the top since the company started in late 2018. They include Niki Peacock, Kendra Rowe, Brooklyn Figley, and Molly Rose.